Break the Mold

Monday, November 30, 2015


This Virginia girl bought a ticket and flew to another country to attend a blogging Conference.. 

All because of the comment below...


This one comment, along with my gut, told me it was time to take a chance and see if I could become a blogger.  ( Yes, I know, it sounds crazy, but sometimes in life you have to take risks)

When I attended Blogpodium in Vancouver I was immediately excited. I was packed into a room full of creative minds and the energy in the room was amazing. There was also a variety of  bloggers. Bloggers that attended the conference wrote about lots of different topics including : fashion, motherhood, home repairs, decor, DIY, and food.

The keynote Speaker  for the Conference was Jillian Harris.

Jillian was allotted an hour to speak at the Conference.  I can tell you that everyone in that room wished Jillian could have been the speaker the entire Day.  I was so impressed at how authentic Jillian was in person. She has this amazing quality to make herself very relatable to everyone in the room.

During her keynote, Jillian, shared her beginning stages of her very first blog and also ways for new bloggers to develop their blogs. I really enjoyed all of the feedback Jillian gave on her blog throughout the years. She gave such personable feedback. She told everyone to be genuine and to not taking yourself to serious.  Jillian's keynote was a perfect mix of information and inspiration.

   You can follow Jillian Harris on Snap Chat at Jillian-Harris.
When I came home from the conference I was fired up. I couldn't wait to get my blog started. I have learned that this process is  trial and error and I'm learning as I go. Much like the lifestyle change I've adapted through fitness and nutrition, my blog will be a journey.

I want to break the mold with my blog.. I don't want to do what everyone else is doing..





XO

Danielle











1 comment :