Do you know your self worth?

Sunday, December 27, 2015


" If you don't go after what you want, You'll never have it"
" If you don't ask the answer is always No."
"If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."
                                                                                       ~Nora Roberts


Two weeks ago I received a message from my boss asking me to call her. I typically talk with her over email and lynch messenger so I knew whatever it was, it must be important. I called her right away. My Boss told me they were giving me a raise. I was beyond thrilled and even shocked.

About two months prior to this phone call I had been feeling a bit overwhelmed with my job. I was working through most of my lunches and even coming in on weekends to take care of work. This last year was a very hectic one. The madness started to catch up with me and I started feeling resentful of my work. After several months of feeling like I wasn't really, "loving," my position I decided to schedule a phone conference with my boss. My boss accepted the meeting  and told me she was available right away. 

It was at that moment I felt my nerves.. I was nervous..  I had never called a Boss to express frustration in a job before. I wasn't sure how she would take it.  

I made the call and was so happy at the response of my Boss. She listened to me completely and asked what she could do to help. I was so HAPPY in this moment. To feel compassion and understanding from your Boss is Huge.

After that call we had lunch a few weeks later and I was told that they were going to take some of the work I was doing and distribute it to another Recruiter. I also was given the reigns to control a few more things that I do daily.

Then I received the call about my Salary. 

After receiving the call from my boss I became emotional for  several reasons.  The first being that I realized that I work for an amazing Company that values my work and worth. Second that I have such a wonderful Boss that listens and cares about me and my work.  Third being I was so happy and proud that I stuck up for myself. 

I think back to jobs that I have had previously and I never had the confidence to speak up for myself.

This year has been such a wonderful year with my weight loss journey. I realize while I am transforming the outside I'm also transforming the inside.  :)

It may have taken me almost 32 years but I think I am finally realizing my self worth. 

           

XO

Danielle 



No comments:

Post a Comment